Hells Bells Guild Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hells Bells Guild @ Age Of Conan (our good old memories...)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Content on Age Of Conan Website

Go down 
+5
Mytho
__SpOO__
stage
Vasago
Zorn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zorn

Zorn

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-29

New Content on Age Of Conan Website Empty
PostSubject: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 3:22 pm

Lots of new info on the official site :http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi?func=frontend.show&template=main

some exciting stuff on the horizon !. New Content on Age Of Conan Website 182775
Back to top Go down
Vasago

Vasago

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 3:59 pm

K, I watched it and i must say the Funcom guys are such "amazing" game company... First, they even't can't make the effort to host their advertisement movies at their own site, instead of always posting links so exernal sources. Nevermind.

The whole things looks like a desperate move to try to keep at least a little part of the subscribers who are leaving (or planning to leave) the game because of the 2 big incoming titles - Warhammer Online and the WoW expansion. The fire traps he was tlaking about, were already existing there (I was there 2 months ago lol), and in fact he tells us in our faces: " Sorry, but we really lack any imagination and we are in a damn hurry so we had to watch one more time Indiana Jones and Conan movies in order to implement some elements in our game... ". Sad

I was a big advocate of AoC for a long time because of there are so many great ideas and places there and now i'm actually in doubt if this is the same team that has created them?! Rolling Eyes A big disapointment.

The worst part is i found such a great guild in a game I don't enjoy anymore.
And sorry for the negative post.
Back to top Go down
stage

stage

Number of posts : 718
name : Stage
class : Stage the Mage
lvl : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 10:51 am

Well thanks for the nice words Vasago Smile

For me personaly playing AoC is the thing to do for now. WoW is not something that i want to do, so is WAR another WoW clone. I am sick of dwarfs, elfs and orcs... and WAR again will be very active for 2 mothns then again ppl will start to whine why "its not like wow", wheres the end game content and etc. whines... stupid americans and spoiled children kill good games.

So those two games wont be on my play list for sure. I'd rather play some SP game till D3 is out. Till then, AoC is still alot of fun to me Smile

p.s. and just to add. I love my guildies too. They make 90% of this game fun.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/stagesnob
__SpOO__
Admin
__SpOO__

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 3:00 pm

WoW is the all time winner of ugliest ever graphics and WAR is just WoW 2.0

So no matter how bad for someone is AoC it's still ages ahead for me compared to those 2 above.

Plus the online playing is not just graphics and gameplay as Stage already mentioned, it's more the community and the people you are playing with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meow.com
Vasago

Vasago

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:31 am

I do agree with the last statement Smile
Back to top Go down
stage

stage

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Vasago

Vasago

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:23 pm

stage, my friend, don't provoke me Razz ... should I link here my post regarding this same link or you can scroll up and check it? cyclops
in short - this presentation is a miserable fail.

notice the whole picture:
"so we, Funcom, spent 2-3 hours to set the stage (a table with chair and a computer), then called our friends from Onlinewelten (whose office appears to be just 2 cross-streets from here) to shoot a short movie about the great things we do .. uhmm .. cough.. cough.. WILL DO here for the AoC community... And please, ignore the fact the site doesn't have an option to switch to english. You should understand we don't have that much time to bother contacting some recognizable site."
Just after the footage:
"K guys, thank you all, I think we did a really great job today and now all that whining about bugs and content should stop! I don't see how anybody could cancel his subscription after he's seen this great stuff we've created!New Content on Age Of Conan Website 182775 ..."

Neutral
Back to top Go down
stage

stage

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:43 pm

provoke provoke Laughing
but still, some nice stuff in the vid Razz
Back to top Go down
__SpOO__
Admin
__SpOO__

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Well, with my respect Vasago but I don't think you have right.

Every big and major MMO got a lot of problems during the launch and first few months. Not even WoW is an exception with that. And that site you are talking about is a german gaming site and seems that they don't want for some reasons to have an english support but only german and I really don't understand why you are complaining bout that.

For example I'm bulgarian and if I make only in bulgarian AoC fan site cause I like it that way noone can complain bout that, right?

onlinewelten are one of the biggest german gaming sites, they aren't a site made by FunCom. They just put that video in there for their german gamers, that's all.

And it's OK when and if you don't like AoC that much or at all but please don't try to explain to the others which are staying and actually enjoy the game how bad it is...
Back to top Go down
stage

stage

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Aye and in this site i see more WAR videos cyclops
Back to top Go down
Vasago

Vasago

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Yes, maybe I'm not doing good sharing my thoughts here.

I didn't say AoC is a bad game. Don't really have better alternative(game) atm. I'm not playing it just because of lack of time. And ofc I frequently check how it is going, keeping my hope things would improve. Cause there are a lot of holes in this game. The first few months after launch are already over. And now I read even the female attack speed is not fixed. What should I think? And that movie... What kind of attitude is this? If I hurt the feelings of those, who enjoy the game, then I'm sorry. When I stopped playing, I said ok, it's not that bad - when I come back, all promised things would be implemented and I'll have some real fun. Now I don't see it happening.

Ok, let's forget Funcom (a herd of pigs, I hate them) and hope AoC will become the best MMO in 4-5 months.. There was some nice paintings of the incoming new dungeon.

Last edited by Vasago on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stage

stage

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm

youre wrong, its fixed long time ago Smile
Back to top Go down
__SpOO__
Admin
__SpOO__

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:51 pm

It's true that the game needs a lot of polishing, fixing, implementing the promised stuff and so on and even the biggest fans can see that, in the end we aren't blind.

And I don't know about the other people in our guild and in general but for me I really enjoy playing the game, goin to raids, makin parties and helping lower levels in our guild, leveling an alts and even sometimes I do enjoy gathering resources.

It's a pleasure to play with all our members and I am enjoying that very much and even if it's not a secret that I enjoy very much being and playing with one very special person to me from our guild.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Mytho

Mytho

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 6:07 pm

__SpOO__ wrote:
It's true that the game needs a lot of polishing, fixing, implementing the promised stuff and so on and even the biggest fans can see that, in the end we aren't blind.

And I don't know about the other people in our guild and in general but for me I really enjoy playing the game, goin to raids, makin parties and helping lower levels in our guild, leveling an alts and even sometimes I do enjoy gathering resources.

It's a pleasure to play with all our members and I am enjoying that very much and even if it's not a secret that I enjoy very much being and playing with one very special person to me from our guild.

Smile

Male or female? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vasago

Vasago

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 7:15 pm

n
Back to top Go down
stage

stage

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:33 pm

Vasago wrote:
n

agree

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nyana

Nyana

Number of posts : 371
name : Beleth
class : Blood Covered Bride
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Mytho wrote:
__SpOO__ wrote:

Smile

Male or female? Laughing

it's me.. but it's secret so dont tell anyone ok?
k.
Back to top Go down
__SpOO__
Admin
__SpOO__

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:21 pm

It's our secret, k.

mi no tel othar peopel
Back to top Go down
Jouhki

Jouhki

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 9:13 pm

__SpOO__ wrote:

Every big and major MMO got a lot of problems during the launch and first few months. Not even WoW is an exception with that.

So true
And the reason why WAR will 'fail' to
You hear so many people saying that they will leave AoC the moment WAR will go live. It is not like that WAR is the holy MMORPG grail, look at the amount of content that is canceled and wont be available at the release. And then the bugs and balancing.. do they really believe that WAR will be bug free and perfectly balanced at the release, well just forget it.

People will be face with the same issues and issues when to get to WAR where they left AoC for.
Only difference WAR can make is the way they fix things and what they prioritize.

Sure AoC is not perfect and need some fixing. That is what you must expect and accept from a new MMORPG.
If you can not or do not want to deal with this then just don't play new MMORPG's pick one that is around for 1 or 2 years and enjoy a more mature gaming experience.
Back to top Go down
Vasago

Vasago

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 9:41 pm

AoC will be instantly left by those, who started it mainly because of the fact it was advertised as "the ultimate pvp game", the holy Grail for pvpers. We all know the current situation. As far as we know from the WAR beta, RvR is complete and working, ad they say it's quite entertaining.

But let's not argue. We have to wait a month or so to see what would happen.

Hmmm I remember when I tried Lord of the Rings Online.. 1 year after it was released. Made one char up to 7 lvl and realized i can't stand this game. But some people (very small population) realy like it and the game is still alive..
It wasn't the case about AoC - I loved it not only in the very beginning, but then started to see that the game is lacking a lot of key elements to keep the fun.

I thought Funcom got some income from the initial sales, so they could afford recruiting some additional staff and continue the development. Throwing patch after patch in such amazingly fast pace was a very interesting tactic indeed, but all software developers know what is the result when you fix things on the fly without thoroghly testing them... Now they've put some test servers I see. Let's hope they already know where going.

K, I didn't intend to write so much but nvm..
Back to top Go down
yoshi

yoshi

Number of posts : 20
name : Loomis
class : Bear Shammy
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 5:56 pm

Erling is a Joke .!!

Why does he fucken explain to me what slum ghetto means what am i a baby.!!

If anyone should get the blame for bringing AoE down its him and only him, couse he has like 2 braincells and they r fightin eacother.!

He practically says he borowed ideas from Dungeons and Dragons im like WTF ..!!

This sends the wrong signals to us that really wanna hang in there .!!

Yes i like the Comunity and the effort we all make to really get further in the end game...!!

But Erling makes it hard for me and im ashamed to be from sweden when i see him he is a FUCKtard..!

And i couldnt watch more then 4 mins in the movie couse he pisses me off .!!!!

Peace..!
Erling made my first post a sad one, All the more reason for me to hate him.!!
Back to top Go down
Chesty
Raid Leader
Chesty

Number of posts : 244
name : Chesty/Shock
class : Rangeress/ToS
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:17 pm

yoshi wrote:
Erling is a Joke .!!

Why does he fucken explain to me what slum ghetto means what am i a baby.!!

If anyone should get the blame for bringing AoE down its him and only him, couse he has like 2 braincells and they r fightin eacother.!

Hehe, I say down to AoE as well ToS are OP in PvE... Long live the ranger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Content on Age Of Conan Website   New Content on Age Of Conan Website Empty

Back to top Go down

New Content on Age Of Conan Website
Page 1 of 1